In the removal of the hub before, should be prepared to do the hub maintenance, the car parked and erected from the axle to ensure the safety of maintenance operations.
(1) Remove the decorative cap and dust cover of the hub shaft;
(2) Remove the tire nuts and tires, taking care not to bruise the thread of the tire bolts. In the case of disc brakes, remove the brake and use it to remove the lock ring or lock pin.
(3) remove the wheel with a special tool;
(4) Scrape off the old grease in the bearing, journal and hub cavity, clean the hub bearing and journal with cleaning agent and wipe it dry with cloth, finally wipe the hub cavity with cloth.
(5) check the hub bearing and bearing race, found cracks, fatigue spalling and bearing roller loose phenomenon, the bearing should be replaced. If you find pocketed bearing race, it should be replaced bearings.
(6) Check the bearing bore and journal fit, with the gap should not be greater than 0.1Omm journal, the vertical ground should be two parts (where the largest wear parts) measurements. If the gap with the provisions of the use of more than the limit, should be replaced bearings, so that the normal return to the gap. Not allowed on the journal burr, pitting to narrow the gap.
(7) After all the parts meet the requirements, grease the inner bearing and release it to the wheel hub.
(8) Care should be taken when applying grease to the bearing cavity that the grease should be squeezed into the bearing until the grease emerges from the other side of the bearing. Apply a thin layer of grease in the hub cavity and in the shaft cover to provide a rust-preventive effect. Note that the grease in the hub cavity do not apply too much, otherwise it will affect the cooling and braking.
(9) Reinstall the hub and outer bearing onto the journal, screw the adjusting nut of the axle head by hand, then tighten the adjusting nut with the torque wrench of the axle head according to the specified torque. After tightening the nut, turn the hub a few turns to the right and left to see how the bearing is mounted; on the other hand, make the bearing and seat correctly fit by turning. At this point appropriate bearing tightness, the wheel can not feel the free rotation of the axial gap.
(10) Finally, install the locking plate, fixing nut, tire, dust cover and decorative cover and other parts.
(11) After adjusting the hub bearing, drive a mileage (about 1Okm), parking inspection, used to touch the wheel hub temperature, if the heat, the bearing adjustment is too tight, should be readjusted, appropriate relaxation of bearing tightness.http://www.gbifc.com